After lengthy discussions and much planning a ground breaking “pilot” project is about to be launched.
The Jibacoa Beach Project is its name.
The ultimate goal is to humanely control the cat and dog populations on and around hotel properties.We hope to put an end to the killing of stray dog and cat populations.
This is a collaborative effort with the founding partners being:
- Gran Caribe Hotels
- Consejo Cientifico Veterinario - Filial Mayabeque
- Institute of Veterinary Medicine - Mayabeque
- Agrarian University of Havana - Veterinary Faculty
- Comisión Nacional de Bienestar Animal - Matanzas
- and Spanky Project with APAC-Varadero
The first step of this project was to conduct a census and survey.
Step two will be mass deworming events to begin September 14, 2013
Step three is sterilization campañas of domestic and homeless dog and cat populations.
We look forward to sharing our progress.
These programs come with a price tag therefore we also look forward to your support.